Watermelon Juice Recipe | Watermelonade
How to make Watermelon juice at home
Watermelon – A name itself so refreshing!! I love this fruit not just because of its taste or color but for its uses. It can be eaten in the form of a salad or can be consumed as a drink. These are over 1200 varieties of watermelons available all over the world. It has water content even more than that present in tomatoes. In this recipe I will be making watermelon juice with a twist of mint in it. It is a very simple recipe.
Video is given below
Benefits of watermelon
- Good in summers to keep you hydrated – Watermelon is a perfect combination of water and fiber. So it helps in keep you full without eating calories.
- Good for Skin and Hair – Watermelon is a rich source of Vitamin A and C hence it helps in improving the condition of skin and hair.
- Helps preventing Cancer – Lycopene is present in watermelon which is a very good antioxidant. It helps preventing various type of cancer
- Prevent heartburn during pregnancy – it can be used during pregnancy to treat heartburns
- Weight Loss – Yes one more reason to eat watermelon is its support to weight loss. It has high water content which makes you feel full for long.
- Immunity Booster – As it is a rich source of vitamin C, it helps in improving the immunity
Ingredients required to make Watermelonade
Mentioned quantity will make 2 glasses
- Watermelon – 1 bowl (cut into pieces)
- Salt to taste
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
- Mint leaves – 12-15
- Ice cubes
- Lemon wedges
Process to make Watermelon Juice
- In a bowl take watermelon pieces.
- Add salt to it
- Add sugar. I like my drink to be little extra sweet so have added just 1 tbsp of sugar for 2 glasses
- Add lemon juice
- Add fresh mint leaves.
- Blend it well either with hand blender or in a mixer
- To serve, Add ice cubes in a glass. Pour the melonade.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and mint leaves. Serve chill
Please don’t forget to share our recipes and do follow us on YouTube and Facebook.
For YouTube CLICK HERE Please click the SUBSCRIBE button and be a part of us 🙂
To post your own home cook food photos and restaurant dishes you have enjoyed please join our facebook group
For facebook group CLICK HERE