Veg Keema Matar Recipe | Soya recipe
Veg Keema Pav
An initiative to announce, why should non vegetarians have all the fun. So made an attempt to cook Kheema or Keema matar with Soya granules. I have used a pack of Nutrela to make this delectable recipe.
Video presentation of recipe is given below
Ingredients required to make Keema matar are
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
- Carom seeds – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Garlic – 5-6 pods
- Grated Ginger – 1 inch
- Onions chopped – 2 medium sized
- Tomatoes blended – 2 medium
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tbsp
- Mix of cardamom, black pepper, coriander seeds, cloves and asafoetida
- Water – 2 cups
- Grated Carrots – 1 or 2
- Green peas – 20-25 pearls
- Soya granules – 1 bowl (drained and soaked)
- Salt to taste
- Garam Masala – 1 ¼ tbsp
- Chopped coriander leaves
To be served with
- Pav bread
- Rumali Roti
Process to make keema matar
- Heat oil in a pan. Once heated add cumin seeds and carom seeds.
- When seeds start spluttering, add chopped garlic and cook till raw smell of garlic vanishes
- Add chopped onions and cook till onions start changing color.
- Then add grated ginger to it and cook for another 1-2 minutes on a low flame.
- Add tomatoes in blended form and mix everything well.
- Let it cook for few minutes on simmer flame. Then add red chilli powder and mixture mentioned above. If you dont want to make dry ingredients mix then you can buy readily available Meat masalas or mutton masalas. These meat masalas are purely veg as it is just a blend of spices.
- Add half a tablespoon of turmeric powder.
- Add 1.5 cups of water to the pan.
- Once it starts boiling, add green peas and grated carrots. Then cover the lid and let it cook for 3-4 minutes or till the green peas are cooked.
- Remove the lid and add soya granules. We have already soaked the granules and drained it before using.
- Add salt to taste and mix it well
- Now again cover the lid of the pan and let it cook for another 5 minutes on low flame.
- At last step, add Garam masala and chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix it well and serve hot with pavs or bread or roti (indian flat bread)
- You can use as many vegetable as you like.
- Soy is rich source of proteins, omega 3 fatty acids and vitamin B.
Please don’t forget to share our recipes and do follow us on YouTube and Facebook.
For YouTube CLICK HERE Please click the SUBSCRIBE button and be a part of us 🙂
To post your own home cook food photos and restaurant dishes you have enjoyed please join our facebook group
For facebook group CLICK HERE