Veg Fried Rice Recipe | Szechuan rice recipe
Tofu Fried Rice Recipe
Many a times we wonder as to what to do with the leftover rice? So instead of changing rice form completely, we have slightly modified it. Opened my refrigerator and saw a bowl of cooked rice and in vegetable compartment got exact raw veggies i was looking for.. 🙂
So here i made Schezwan fried rice with Tofu (soya paneer)
I have used Tofu here to increase the nutritional value of th meal. Cottage Cheese can also be used.
Tofu is a paneer made out of soya milk. It is gluten free cheese, good source of proteins and amino acids. Benefits of consuming tofu includes
- It lowers the bad cholesterol from boddy hence enhance the goodness of heart health
- It boosts immunity. As it has high proteins, nutrients and antioxidant properties it prevents the body to feel sick.
- Best for women hitting their menopause. All the related disorders like headaches, anxiety, stress, mood swings, dizziness etc can be controlled upto a good mark
- Acts a a good anti agent. So ladies!! Just go for it
- Tofu reduces the insulin resistance of blood hence its very good to control type 2 diabetes.
Now lets start with a scrumptious recipe to make tofu fried rice. Mentioned quantity will make 1 plate good enough for 1 to eat.
Cooking is fun with Video. Let’s watch step by step video
Ingredients required to make Fried Rice are
- Tofu (soya paneer)
- Soya Sauce – 2 tbsp
- Vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Boiled Rice (leftover rice)
- French beans chopped – 1
- Capsicum chopped – 1
- Onion – 1
- Schezwan Sauce
Process to make Fried Rice
- Cut the tofu into thin strips
- I will start with marinating tofu strips. Take a bowl and add soya sauce into it
- Add 1 tbsp of vinegar into it.
- Add salt to taste
- Mix it well and pour it over tofu strips in a way that each strip is coated well.
- Keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Now in a pan heat butter. Keep stirring so that butter is not burnt
- Shallow fry the tofu strips. Do it till tofu is little brown from all the sides and keep it aside.
- Now heat oil in a pan and saute sliced onion in it
- Add chopped beans and capsicum and saute it well
- Add salt to taste
- Once all the veggies are par cooked, add schezwan sauce. For schezwan sauce recipe CLICK HERE.
- Most important step 🙂 add boiled / cooked rice into it and mix it really well.
- At the end add ½ tbsp of soya sauce.
- Mix it well and cook for another 2-3 minutes on a low flame.
- Its ready to be served with tofu strips which we have fried earlier. Mix all the strips in rice and enjoy
- I have diluted the schezwan sauce with water so that each grain of rice should be coated well
- You can use as many vegetables as you like viz. Carrots, peas etc
- Cottage cheese can also be used in similar way. Only that you need to manage excess water which will come out during shallow frying. Just increase the quantity of butter a little bit.
- To make it more spicy you can add chopped green chillies too.
- Also you can garnish it with greens of spring onions.