Semolina Pancakes | Suji ka Chilla Recipe
I always think of having healthy breakfast atleast thrice a week. My kidoo don’t eat much of vegetables. So i always have to change the shape and appearance of vegetables in order to have her intake of veg complete. We regularly make these semolina pancakes for which i always blend all the vegetables along with suji .This is one of the easiest Chila recipes. Semolina is good for health too. We usually call it Suji or sooji or rawa. Also this recipe is 100% oil free so health content is very high in this. Also the best part is that I dont use yogurt to make these. First of all i would like to share with you the health benefits of Semolina.
Benefits of using Semolina
- Good for Heart health – Sooji has potassium in it so it helps in maintain healthy heart and keeps goof functioning of kidneys too.
- Energy Booster – Its one of the instant energy booster and also helps in maintaining the healthy immune system.
- Helps in weight reduction – Rawa is durum wheat so it digest slowly and gives you full feeling.
- Great source of Iron – So it acts great on people suffering from Anemia
Ingredients required to make Semolina pancakes
- Suji / rawa (semolina) – 1 bowl
- Garlic – 4-5 pods
- Capsicum – 1 small
- Onion – 1
- Carrot – ½
- Coriander leaves
- Green Chilli – 1
- Salt to taste
- Seasoning and Chilli flakes
Step by step videp representation is given below
- In a bowl add one bowl of sooji
- In it add garlic, capsicum, onion, carrot, coriander and green chilli. There is no need to chop it fine as we will be grinding everything later on.
- Now add a glass of water and blend everything into a smooth paste. Keep on blending till the froth is formed.
- Heat a non stick pan
- Without adding any oil just pour the batter with the help of a serving spoon and spread it.
- Keep on flipping and then cover the lid for 2-3 minutes.
- Your sooji pancake is ready to serve.
- You can press chopped vegetables on the batter once it is poured in pan. It will become like uttapam
- I have skipped adding curd so this cheel will not become soggy.
- Its 100% oil free. But if you think it will stick to your pan then you can put a drop of oil and rub it off on whole pan with the help of tissue paper.
- To make it even more crispier you can add a spoonful of Rice flour too.