Navratri Special Sabudana Recipe | Sabudana Appe
Sabudana Appe | Sabudana Vada
Nine auspicious days of Goddess Durga!! I worship all the days by keeping fast. During fast I eat fasting meal once at night only. Same thing is served as prasad too. I always try to offer nine different prasad for nine days. Many people complains that fasts means eating oily and fried. But in my recipes, very less amount of oil is used. In this recipe I have made Sabudana Vada my way. Instead of deep or shallow frying, I have used Appe pan and made these with just brushing of oil.
To make this recipe you need to have an Appe pan. This pan is easily available now a days. If you do not have one then follow the traditional method of either shallow frying or deep frying.
Let’s have a look at the Ingredients first
Ingredients to make Sabudana Appe
- Sago Tapioca (Sabudana)
- Potatoes – 2 large
- Green Chilly – 2
- Roasted cumin powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Red chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Rock Salt (Sendha Namak) – as per taste
- Grated Ginger – 1 inch
- Fresh Coriander – 2-3 tbsp
Mentioned Quantity will make 18-20 appe
Process to make Sabudana Appe
- Soak the sago for 3-4 hours. To make this recipe we need to mash the sago
- After 4 hours, drain the water out of the sago.
- Add 2 boiled potatoes in sago. mash it nicely
- Add fine chopped green chillies to it
- Add roasted cumin powder. To make roasted cumin powder all you have to do is to dry roast the cumin seeds until they turn little brown. Remove from flame and crush it into powder. Freshly ground powder has amazing aroma
- Add red chilli powder and mix well.
- Add rock salt i.e. sendha namak. During navratri fasting it is said that usage of rock salt should be there instead of the normal salt
- Add grated ginger. Ginger is allowed during fasting. But use of garlic is strictly prohibited.
- Add fresh coriander leaves. Chop the leaves before adding
- Mash everything nicely and form an even dough.
- Make small balls of the dough.
- I am using a small appe pan having 7 cavities only. Different pans are available in market with 7,9 and 12 cavities.
- Brush the pan with Oil. Add the balls in it and press it gently.
- Allow it to cook on medium to low flame.
- After 3 minutes twist the side with the help of a spoon and brush oil on the other side
- Once it is nicely brown from both the sides, enjoy this delicacy.
- Keep rotating the sides while it is in Pan
- Serve with Coriander Chutney
For more Navratri Special Recipes CLICK HERE
Please don’t forget to share our recipes and do follow us on YouTube and Facebook.
For YouTube CLICK HERE Please click the SUBSCRIBE button and be a part of us 🙂
To post your own home cook food photos and restaurant dishes you have enjoyed please join our facebook group
For facebook group CLICK HERE