Restaurant Style Dal Tadka | Dal Tadka at Home
Dal Tadka at home
Eating out has become a fashion but we always compromise on quality. To add extra flavours, restaurants use more of oils and condiments. In this recipe I have tried to copy the most famous Punjabi Dal i.e. Dal Tadka. You can see this recipe on menus of all the restaurants and highway dhabas in Northern India. In this recipe I have made that extra kick tempering on Dal Fry. for dal fry recipe CLICK HERE
I wasn’t a cook at all but started cooking when I realised that I am married to a Foodie. While visiting new places and trying different food, I was always eager to ask questions regarding the preparation of the dishes. This curiosity has given me immense knowledge of cooking. I always say Stay Hungry Stay Curious and keep learning. This recipe I have learnt from highway dhabas while traveling within India. Hope you all are going to enjoy the healthier version of it
For Video recipe Click below
Ingredients required to make Dal Tadka
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Butter/Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Garlic – 3-4 pods chopped
- Ginger – 1 inch grated
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Fresh Coriander leaves
- Green Chillies (optional)
- Dal Fry – cooked
Process to make Dal Tadka
- I have cooked the dal already. You can check my other recipe on Dal Fry for that
- For special tempering, Heat oil in a pan
- Add butter to it. This is mainly for the taste and aroma
- Add cumin seeds. In addition to that you can add carom seeds and green chillies too.
- Add chopped garlic and cook for a minute
- Add grated ginger and allow it to cook
- Add red chilli powder and mix it nicely
- Add chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- Tempering is ready. Pour it over the dal while serving. This will enhance the taste and there is no compromise of quality of homemade food.
Please don’t forget to share our recipes and do follow us on YouTube and Facebook.
For YouTube CLICK HERE Please click the SUBSCRIBE button and be a part of us 🙂
To post your own home cook food photos and restaurant dishes you have enjoyed please join our facebook group
For facebook group CLICK HERE