Paneer Paratha Recipe | How to make Cheese Paratha
Punjabi Paneer Paratha Recipe
Paneer Paratha!! I am from a punjabi family. Parathas (flatbread) are an integral part of our meal. Our day is not complete if we do not have a paratha either in breakfast or lunch. I love stuffed parathas. In this post I will be sharing how my mother used to pamper me during my vacations by making different types of parathas. So let’s make a cottage cheese paratha here. On request of many readers I have started giving ingredients in hindi too. हिंदी में पढ़ने के लिए यहाँ CLICK करे और Video की description में पढ़े
Video of Paratha is given below
Mentioned quantity will make – 4 parathas
Cuisine : North Indian
Type : Moderate
Recipe Type : Breakfast
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cook time : 5 – 10 minutes (for 4 paratha)
Total time : 15-20 minutes
Ingredients required to make Paneer Paratha are
- Wheat flour – 1 scoop (250 gms)
- Water – 100 ml
- Cottage Cheese – 100 grams
- Dried Fenugreek leaves – 2 tbsp
- Green Chilli – 1 fine chopped
- Ginger – 1 inch grated
- Carom Seeds – 1/4 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Roasted cumin powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Dry flour to flatten dough
- Clarified Butter (ghee)
Process to make Paneer Paratha
- To make a dough, take wheat flour in a bowl. Mix it with water gradually and make a dough. Dough has to be just fine which means neither too soft nor too hard.
- Knead it nicely and keep it aside
- For stuffing, in a bowl add crumbled paneer (cottage cheese).
- Add dried fenugreek leaves. I love using these. You can also add fine chopped fresh coriander
- Add green chilli
- Add grated ginger
- Add carom seeds.
- Add salt as per your taste
- Add dry roasted cumin powder. The aroma of freshly roasted cumin is great
- Mix all the ingredients well and your stuffing is ready.
- To make parathas, Take a portion of the dough. Make a ball of it
- Flatten it with the help of a rolling pin.
- Fill the stuffing on it and make a ball of the dough again. I always follow zigzag or you can say Indian paper fan pattern while folding the dough. seal the dough from all the sides.
- Flatten it again with the help of the rolling pin and make a round chapati. (mine was just close to round)
- Put the chapati on a hot non stick pan. I prefer nonstick pan as cottage cheese leaves water sometimes
- Flip the side of the chapati and apply clarified butter.
- Flip once again and apply clarified butter on the other side too. I always cook parathas on high flame as it get perfectly brown
- Once it is cooked from both the sides, ready to serve.
- It goes well with curd and pickle.
Please don’t forget to share our recipes and do follow us on YouTube and Facebook.
For YouTube CLICK HERE Please click the SUBSCRIBE button and be a part of us 🙂
To post your own home cook food photos and restaurant dishes you have enjoyed please join our facebook group
For facebook group CLICK HERE