How to make Rice Kheer | कैसे बनाये चावल की खीर
Easy Kheer Recipe
Being an Indian, there comes many festivals when we prepare a sweet rice pudding at home. We call it Kheer. I remember since childhood that how my mother used to make this for us. A delectable rice kheer loaded with dry fruits. Specially on the occasion of Krishna Jayanthi this used to be the one prasad out of whole list of other things
To know details about KRISHNA JANMASHTAMI CLICK HERE
In this recipe I will be sharing very easy way of making kheer which can be adapted easily by the beginners as well
Video in Hindi is given below | अब देखिये वीडियो हिंदी में
Ingredients required to make Kheer
- Rice – 100 gms
- Milk – 1.5 litre
- Sugar – 6 tbsp
- Cardamom powder
- Almonds cut into halves
Process to make Kheer
- Wash the rice and soak it for atleast 30 minutes before starting the cooking process
- Boil milk in a wok. I have boiled whole milk at once. if u want you can keep half a litre to add at a later stage when the pudding will start getting thick
- Once the mil starts boiling, I have lowered the flame. Whole dish will be cooked on a low flame
- Add rice soaked earlier. Drain rice completely before adding.
- Keep stirring in between. I have not covered the pan at all.
- Add sugar and stir again.
- It will take another 25-30 minutes for the rice to cook properly on a low flame.
- This slow cooking not only enhances the taste but also change the color and consistency of the milk.
- Add cardamom powder. I have used freshly crushed green cardamoms as their aroma is great
- Once the rice are cooked properly, add chopped almonds and raisins.
- Give it a nice stir, switch off the flame
- Garnish with some more almonds
- You can serve it both ways either hot or cold as you like. I like mine chilled 😀
Please don’t forget to share our recipes and do follow us on YouTube and Facebook.
For YouTube CLICK HERE Please click the SUBSCRIBE button and be a part of us 🙂
To post your own home cook food photos and restaurant dishes you have enjoyed please join our facebook group
For facebook group CLICK HERE