Onion Pickle | Pyaz ka achar | प्याज़ का अचार
How to make Onion Achar
Onion pickle. Instant recipe to add taste to your regular meal. When ever I have to eat a boring lentil alone, i prefer a pickle with it. This onion pickle (pyaaz ka achaar) is very easy to make and always makes my guests happy. Best part of this pickle is that it does not require any much of time or sunlight. It is an instant recipe and can be consumed instantly.
Video of pyaaz ka achar
Ingredients required to make onion pickle
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tbsp
- Fenugreek seeds – 1 tbsp
- Mustard oil – 2 tbsp
- Asafoetida – 1/4 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tbsp
- Small onions – 22-25
- Salt to taste
- Ginger – julienne 8-10
- Green Chilli – 4-5 slit
- White Vinegar – 2 tbsp
Process to make Onion Pickle
- Grind together fenugreek seeds and mustard seeds. No need to make a fine powder. It is required to be little coarse. Keep it aside
- Use baby onions for this pickle as they not only look good but gets cook from inside very easily
- Slit the onion from one side. Make sure it should not be apart in two pieces. Keep it aside
- Heat a pan. Add mustard oil.
- Add a pinch of asafoetida.
- Add the mixture ground earlier
- Mix it well
- Add red chilli powder and mix again.
- Add turmeric powder
- Add all the onions with single cut and mix it again
- Once all the onions get coated with mixture, over the lid and cook for 5 minutes on low flame
- After five minutes, remove the lid and add salt
- Add julienne ginger and green chillies.
- Mix it well and cook for another 2 minutes
- Switch off the flame and 2 tbsp of white vinegar. Mix it well
- Pickle is ready you can store it upto 10 days. Mine get finished within 2 days 😛
Please don’t forget to share our recipes and do follow us on YouTube and Facebook.
For YouTube CLICK HERE Please click the SUBSCRIBE button and be a part of us 🙂
To post your own home cook food photos and restaurant dishes you have enjoyed please join our facebook group
For facebook group CLICK HERE