Navratri Fast Recipes – Sabudana Aloo Kababs
Navratri Fast Recipes – Sabudana Kababs
Nine auspicious days of Fasting not only bring goodness of mind but of body too. Restriction of food items is there but the available options can be made scrumptious. What comes to my mind is that for nine days I will be making something different than our regular course of meal that too with different ingredients. best part of all is that first it has to be offered to Maa Durga which makes it even more pious. Today let’s make Sago kababs. Whole navratri vidhi can be read by CLICKING HERE. It includes all details as to how to keep fast, what to eat, complete process of poojan, kanya pujan vidhi etc. navratri Fast recipes are just a way to keep our soul happy
Step by Step video to make it easier to learn and cook:
Ingredients required to make Sabudana kababs are
- Sago – 1 bowl (soaked for 5 hours or till soft)
- Green chilli – 1
- Rock Salt as per taste
- Red Chilli powder – ½ tbsp
- Peanuts – 2 tbsp
- Boiled Potatoes
- Buckwheat Flour – 3 tbsp
- Oil to deep fry
- Roasted Peanuts
Process to make Kababs (Navratri fast recipes)
- Soak Sago in water for 5 hours or till it is very soft enough to mash.
- After soaking, strain it out of water and add it in a bowl.
- Add chopped green chillies and Rock Salt. In fast we prefer using rock salt (Sendha Namak) as it is consider to be pure to use.
- Add red chilli powder and peanuts.
- Add boiled potatoes and mash everything well so that each ingredient should mix.
- At the end add buckwheat flour (Kuttu ka aata). Normal wheat flour is not allowed to be consumed during navratri fasts. Adding of buckwheat flour will help binding of kababs
- Now take a portion of mix and bind it in the form of kababs.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry these kababs.
- For garnishing I have used Curd and roasted peanuts with potato flakes savoury.
- Your navratri fast special Sabudana kababs are ready to serve.
Please don’t forget to share our recipes and do follow us on YouTube and Facebook.
To post your own home cook food photos and restaurant dishes you have enjoyed please join our facebook group
For facebook group CLICK HERE