Navratri Fast Recipes – Punjabi Kadhi
Navratri Special – Punjabi Kadhi
Can kadhi be make in navratris? my answer is Yes..!! Enjoy this yummy Kadhi punjabi style made with buckwheat flour. During fasting we do feel like trying something new. so here is the chance. this recipe of my mother is a must try. before my marriage too whenever i used to do navratri fasts, i always use to wait for the day my mum will prepare this scrumptious kadhi.
Step by step video is given below
Ingredients required to make kadhi are
- Buckwheat flour (kuttu ka aata) – 1 bowl
- Blend of yogurt and water (lassi)
- Turmeric powder
- Desi Ghee or mustard oil – 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
- Dry coriander seeds – ½ tbsp
- Dry red chilli – 1
- Pureed tomatoes – 2
- Grated ginger – 1.5 inches
- Green chilli
- Potatoes Fritters (made with buckwheat flour coating)
Process to make kadhi
- In a bowl take buckwheat flour (kuttu aata).
- Add lassi (yogurt mix with water) into it and form a thin batter
- Now add half tbsp of turmeric powder
- Mix everything well and keep aside.
- In a pan heat ghee (clarified butter).
- Add cumin seeds and dry coriander seeds. Once they start crackling, add dry red chilli.
- Add blended tomatoes and grated ginger. Cook it for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the batter prepared earlier. Put the gas on slow flame as the batter tends to get thick in consistency.
- Add more lassi to reach desired consistency.
- Add rock salt and mix it well.
- Cover the lid and let it cook for another 8 to 10 minutes.
- The colour or turmeric will add beauty to the dish in these 8 minutes.
- Your kadhi is ready to serve.
- It goes best with vrat samak rice khichdi and kuttu poori.
- Serve it with potato fritters. Fritters shown in the video are made using buckwheat flour coating.
Please don’t forget to share our recipes and do follow us on YouTube and Facebook.
To post your own home cook food photos and restaurant dishes you have enjoyed please join our facebook group
For facebook group CLICK HERE