Methi Paratha Recipe | Fenugreek Recipes
Fenugreek leaves (methi) is considered as very healthy to be included in daily diet. It can be consumed in both seeds and leaves form. Methi has various health benefits. India is the largest producer of fenugreek (methi) seeds and leaves so these are readily available to us.
Health benefits of Fenugreek leaves (methi)
- Green leafy vegetables are always good for health. Its a good source of Iron.
- It reduces bad cholesterol levels from body
- It has many natural soluble fibers so it reduces the risk of heart attack
- Fenugreek helps is controlling blood pressure
- it enhances insulin production so helps in controlling diabetes.
Fenugreek leaves (methi) can be consumed in many forms like saag, paratha, pakode, muthia etc. In this recipe I will be making methi paratha. I find this as a good way to convince my stubborn little onesto eat green vegetables. Lets have a look at the ingredients
Ingredients required to make Methi Paratha
- Chopped Methi leaves
- Wheat flour – 2 bowl
- Gram flour – 1 bowl
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- Carom seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- red chilli powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Chopped Garlic – 5-6 pods
- Grated Ginger – 1 tbsp
- Water to knead dough
- Ghee / butter to roast paratha
Step by step along with photographs is given below for easy understanding.
Process to make Methi Paratha
- Fenugreek leaves are sometime bitter. I always cut chop leaves and then wash it. After that I sprinkle salt over it and leave it aside for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes just squeeze the leaves and drain bitter salty water.
- After squeezing out excess water keep leave in a bowl as shown in the picture
- On leaves, add wheat flour and gram flour as per the quantities mentioned above.
- Add cumin seeds. you can also add dry roasted cumin seeds.
- Add carom seeds (ajwain). Carom seeds play an important role in healthy digestion.
- Now add all the condiments like salt, red chilli powder etc. I have used very less amount of red chilli powder as my daughter cannot eat spicy food.
- At this stage i have added chopped garlic. if you dont like garlic you can skip this step as per your convenience.
CLICK ON PAGE NO.2 TO CONTINUE READING