How to make Masala Tea | Masala Chai Recipe
Masala Chai Recipe
Tea, an integral part of many lives. Day starts with goodness of tea. Also there are many memories associated with it. I still remember my college days. Whenever it used to rain we all group of friends first use to enjoy rain, getting drenched and go to some tea stall and have a cup of tea along with samosa. Nothing really can replace the taste of that tea as it was cherished with friends. I have stayed in hostel for 2 years during my masters so tea has been so important to me!!
Late night around 2 am we roomies used to make tea and do chit chat till wee hours of morning.
Among roomies too, it was my duty to make tea for everyone. So i used to keep many things that can make tea more magical. After many years, today only i thought of giving my college tea a try again. So made it in that very manner only. Hope it will touch your heart and memories too.
Watching video and making your own cup is fun!! let’s watch it
Ingredients for delicious Masala Tea
- Water – 1 cup
- Grated Ginger – 1 tbsp
- Sugar as per taste
- Cloves – 2
- Cinnamon stick – 1 inch
- Fennel Seeds – ½ tbsp
- Tea leaves (chai patti) – 1 tbsp
- Milk – 1 cup
- Green cardamom – 1
To serve with
- any snacks
- Put a pan on gas cooktop and add 1 cup of water in it.
- Add grated ginger and mix it well in water.
- Once it starts boiling, add 2 cloves, cinnamon stick and fennel seeds.
- Boil it on low flame for 2-3 minutes. After that add dry tea leaves in it.
- Again bring it to the boil and then add one cup of milk to it. I like my tea to be of rich consistency so i add more milk. You can add less to depending on your taste and preference.
- When tea starts boiling, lower the flame again and add one green cardamom. Before adding cardamom crush it in mortar pestle.
- Let it boil for another 2-3 minutes and your tea is ready to serve.
- Pour it into cups using a mesh strainer
- Enjoy in any weather
Benefits of Masala Tea
- Not tired anymore : are you feeling tired? So grab a cup of masala tea and watch all your fatigue vanish
- Cold, cough, flu – Basic ingredients like ginger, cinnamon and cardamom heals cold and provide body with better immunity than before.
- Cough home remedy : Best for sore for throat. It ancient times too it was used as a remedy to cure cough
- Helps in improving digestion : it has cloves and cardamom which acts as acidity neutralizer so it helps digestion too.
- PMS : its level varies for female to female. Ladies with high PMS can have some amount of relief from dizziness, lethargy, anxiety, stress etc by having a cup of hot masala chai
- If you have basil (tulsi) plant at home. You can add 2-3 leaves to make it even more remedial.
- You can also make a spice mix first and then add it to the tea. For that all the dry ingredients are to be grinded together and later you have to keep it in an airtight container. I prefer the fresh as the aroma is magical.