How to make Masala Idli | Quick Snack
Masala Idli Recipe
Masala Idli is a quick snack. An easy makeover to leftover idlis and it takes hardly 15 minutes to cook. Idli is a traditional breakfast of south Indian cuisine. It is like a savory cake which can be made easily with semolina (suji/rava).
To make masala idli, first we need to prepare Idlis. In this recipe I have used Rava idlis. For recipe of Instant Rava Idli, CLICK HERE
Step by step video of is given below
Ingredients required to make Masala Idli
- Onions – 2 cut in either rings or semi circle
- Capsicum – 1
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Red chilli sauce – 2 tbsp
- Green chilli sauce – 1 tbsp
- Tomato sauce – 3 tbsp
- Coriander leaves
Process to make Masala Idli
- I have given the recipe link for for making instant rava idlis above. Make those and keep aside.
- In a pan, heat oil
- Once heated, add mustard seeds
- Add onions. I have cut semi circles
- Saute till translucent
- Add capsicum and saute for another 1-2 minutes
- Add chilli sauce and mix it well
- Add 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder
- Add cooked idlis.
- Mix everything well
- Add tomato sauce and green chilli sauce.
- Mix again so that each and every piece of idli should get coated with sauce flavor
- At the end, add chopped coriander leaves
- Your snack is ready to be served.
Please don’t forget to share our recipes and do follow us on YouTube and Facebook.