How to make Jeera Rice | Recipe with HINDI video
How to make Jeera Rice
Rice is the most widely consumed staple food in the world. In this recipe I have made the most favorite form of Rice that is rice with tempering of cumin seeds. It is the most demanding item on the menu of all the restaurants and dhabas. Let’s explore the original way of making scrumptious Jeera Rice
Video in HINDI is given below | अब देखिये वीडियो हिंदी में
Ingredients required to make Jeera Rice
- Rice – 1 glass (300 grams)
- Cooking Oil – 2 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds
- Clarified Butter – 1 tbsp
- Melted Butter – 20 grams
Process to make Jeera Rice
- Soak the rice for 30 minutes in water
- Boil water in a pan. For one glass of rice I have boiled 2 glasses of water.
- Add the rice soaked earlier
- Bring it to a boil, lower the flame and add squeeze half lemon in it. With lemon rice will not stick to each other.
- Add salt to taste and mix it well
- Now allow it to cook for 8-10 minutes. keep stirring and checking in between.
- Once rice are cooked, drain out excess water and keep the rice aside.
- Now in a pan heat oil
- Add cumin seeds and allow it to splutter.
- Add ghee (clarified butter)
- Add the steamed rice
- Mix it well with the tempering.
- Add melted butter in the end. It helps rice in getting perfect color and aroma.
- You can also garnish it with coriander leaves or dried fenugreek leaves.
- Serve with Dal, chhole or any Indian gravy etc. For Dhaba Style Dal CLICK HERE
Please don’t forget to share our recipes and do follow us on YouTube and Facebook.
For YouTube CLICK HERE Please click the SUBSCRIBE button and be a part of us 🙂
To post your own home cook food photos and restaurant dishes you have enjoyed please join our facebook group
For facebook group CLICK HERE
- You can cook the rice in pressure cooker too. For that soak the rice as told in step one. After that heat oil in pressure cooker, add cumin seeds. Once cumin seeds begin to crackle, add soaked rice. Use 1.5 times the water to Rice. Pressure cook for 2 whistles and leave it in pressure. Once pressure automatically reduces to zero, open the cooker lid, add butter and rice are ready.