How to make Jackfruit | Veg Chicken Recipe
Raw Jackfruit Recipe
Jackfruit is something not cooked or used in every home. I am very fond of it and call it Vegetarian Chicken. It is very chewy like chicken but it is a fruit. It’s basic origin is from South India. It is grown in may tropical regions throughout the world. We use raw jackfruit to make vegetable. Generally people deep fry/shallow fry the jackfruit or kathal pieces before cooking. In this recipe I have air fried it. So it’s a healthy recipe.
It goes really well with the Naan (Indian bread). For the recipe of Naan CLICK HERE
Cuisine : Indian
Type : Main Course
Serves : 4-5 people
Video of Kathal recipe is given below
Ingredients required to make Jackfruit
To air fry Kathal
- jackfruit (kathal) – cut into pieces
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Bay Leaf – 1
- Cinnamon Stick – 1 inch
- Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
- Dry coriander seeds – 1 tbsp
- Cloves – 2-3
- Green Cardamom – 2
- Dry Red chilli – 2
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Onions – 2 medium
- Red Chilli powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Tomatoes – 2 big
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Water – 250 ml
- Salt to taste
- Fresh Coriander Leaves
Process to make Jackfruit
- Wash and cut pieces of kathal
- Add the pieces in a bowl and add oil into it. Mix every piece nicely
- Transfer the pieces into air fryer basket and air fry at 180 degrees for 10 minutes or till it turns brown
- In a wok, add all the dry ingredients like cumin seeds, cardamom, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, dry coriander seeds, cloves and dry red chillies.
- Dry roast these for 30 seconds and then add oil.
- Roast the ingredients nicely. You can also grind these before using.
- Add ground onions to it. Cook till onions turn golden
- Add red chilli powder and tomatoes paste.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes till the mixture starts leaving oil.
- Add water to it and cook again for 2 minutes
- Add air fried kathal pieces and mix nicely so that each piece should get coated.
- Add salt as per your taste and liking.
- Cover the lid and cook for another 2-3 minutes on low flame or till the water dries out.
- Before serving the vegetarian chicken, garnish with fresh coriander leaves and ginger julienne
Please don’t forget to share our recipes and do follow us on YouTube and Facebook.
For YouTube CLICK HERE Please click the SUBSCRIBE button and be a part of us 🙂
To post your own home cook food photos and restaurant dishes you have enjoyed please join our facebook group
For facebook group CLICK HERE