How to make Rava Vada | 5 minute breakfast ideas
Easy Rava Vada Recipe
Rava Vada or Suji Vada as you call it. Its a typical south Indian breakfast. Being a North Indian having these as breakfast was a feast for me during childhood. Let’s see how to make breakfast in five minutes. This is one of the quick veg recipes. You can now have the ingredients in HINDI too. इंग्रेडिएंट्स को हिंदी में पढ़ने के लिए यहाँ क्लिक करें और वीडियो की description में पढ़े Please CLICK HERE . Its there in the description of the video.
Video representation is given below
Cuisine : South Indian
Type : Easy
Total time : 5-6 minutes only
Ingredients required to make Rava Vada
- Semolina ( rava/suji ) – 1 cup (250 grams)
- Curd – 1/2 cup (125 grams)
- Onion – 1 fine chopped
- Coriander – fine chopped
- Green Chilli – 1 chopped
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Salt to taste
- Baking powder – 1/4th tbsp
- Oil to deep fry
Process to make Rava Vada
- In a bowl add semolina (suji/rava). I have used fine semolina instead of the coarse one
- Add plain yogurt (curd) to it. Roughly it is always half of the amount of semolina used. You can add more at a later stage if required.
- Add chopped onions. These are optional. If you want to make plain vada, skip this step
- Add fine chopped coriander
- Add green chilli. I have used just one green chilli. You can spice it up as much as you like
- Add grated ginger. This gives wonderful feel to the vada
- Mix all the ingredients well. At this stage you will get to know if more yogurt is required to be added or not.
- Add salt as per taste.
- Add a pinch (1/4th tbsp) of baking powder. This helps in making our rava Vada soft and spongy
- Mix everything well again.
- Now grease your palms with cooking oil. With this while giving vada a donut shape it will not stick to your hands and will be much easier to fry
- Take a portion of the batter in your hand. make a ball of it
- flatten the ball with palm and make a hole in it. I am more comfortable doing this with my hands only. You can also use a spoon to shape it up and give it a hole.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a wok. Tip here is to heat oil till the smoking point and then sim the flame to medium and slid vada in it. This way your vada will not get burnt and will cook evenly from inside too.
- As your palms are greasy it will be easier to put vada in hot oil. Fry these vada till golden brown
- Serve it with Sambad, coconut chutney Or you can eat it like my daughter with a tomato sauce 🙂
Please don’t forget to share our recipes and do follow us on YouTube and Facebook.
For YouTube CLICK HERE Please click the SUBSCRIBE button and be a part of us 🙂
To post your own home cook food photos and restaurant dishes you have enjoyed please join our facebook group
For facebook group CLICK HERE