Suji Toast | semolina recipes breakfast
Suji Toast Recipe
Healthy, nutritious and delicious breakfast for winters 🙂
Semolina Toasts are not just easier to make but are the healthy way to eat suji.
Suji is very beneficial to be consumed by diabetics. It is a good source of energy hence very healthy to consume during fever or illness. Semolina helps in weight loss too as it is durum wheat so you feel full for long after consuming it. In India, many dishes are made using Suji. We can make a dessert, Semolina pancakes, uthappam, Idli, Sponge cake etc.
This recipe is very easy to make. You can add as many vegetables as you like. I make it this way only.
Step by step video is given below
Ingredients to make Suji toast
- Chopped Onion – 1 medium
- Chopped Tomato – 1 medium
- Chopped Capsicum – 1 small
- Semolina (rava/suji) – 1/2 bowl
- Plain Curd (Yogurt) – 5-6 tbsp
- Chopped Coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder (optional) – 1/4 tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Brown Bread – 6 slices
Process to make Suji Toast
- In a bowl, add chopped onion, tomato and capsicum
- Add suji and curd. Mix it well
- Add salt, turmeric powder and red chilli powder
- Add chopped coriander leaves
- Take bread slices. Apply suji mixture on one side of bread. I have used brown bread.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Keep suji side down on pan and fry till golden.Flip it once suji is cooked. It will take around 2 minutes only.
- Flip it and make it crisp from other side.
- Healthy breakfast is ready to serve
- You can use any bread you like
- Turmeric is optional. I like the yellow color 🙂
- You can use garlic flavored butter to fry breads.
- To make it spicier, add chopped green chillies in suji mixture.
Please dont forget to share our recipes and do follow us on YouTube and Facebook.