How to make Cottage Cheese | Paneer Recipe
How to make Cottage Cheese
In this tutorial we will be making Cottage cheese that is Paneer. A dairy food item which is loved by kids and elders in all forms let it be consuming it raw with salt and pepper or converting it into a dish. I am using here age old technique of my mother which is always hundred percent success.
Any milk can be used to make paneer but I have used here Cow Milk. I have my pretty baby girl at home so we use cow milk only. Cow milk have high nutritional content so cheese make out of it is also very healthy to consume. Just 3 ingredients and you will get soft spongy cheese. Now let’s begin with the ingredients.
Step by Step video representation is given below for you kind reference
Ingredients to make Paneer ( Cottage Cheese)
- Vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Lemon Juice – 3 tbsp
Process to make cottage cheese
- Firstly take a Pan and pour milk in it.
- Keep it on gas burner with burner on. Once it becomes very hot, add a spoonful of Vinegar. I have used white vinegar here.
- Then when milk comes to boiling point, Squeeze a big sized lemon. You can also extract lemon juice in a bowl and pour it.
- Mix it well and within 1-2 minutes you will see paneer separating and forming a layer.
- Keep boiling for another 3-4 minutes.
- Now remove the paneer from top and keep it on a soft muslin/ cotton cloth.
- Drain the water and keep it on a plate. Let it be inside cloth only as it will help paneer bind.
- Apply some heavy weight object on it for 15 minutes.
- After that remove the cloth and your homemade cottage cheese is ready.
- Use it in any way you want 🙂
- Vinegar is to make cheese soft.
- Any milk can be used.
- To make it masala paneer, you can also add finely chopped vegetables while transferring it to cloth.
- Salt can also be added after adding lemon to make salty cheese.