Italian Pasta Salad Recipe
Cold Pasta Salad Recipe
I have had fascination for Pasta since very young age. Always used to wonder about the shape and its types. During my childhood, I always had pasta on our dine outs and after marriage only i got a chance to prepare it fully on my own :D. I was so keen that i tried almost every form of it from penne to fusili to elbow to butterfly :). Now the best part of life it that every friend of mine loves my pastas let it be in the form of a salad or the cooked ones. Any Dinner I am hosting, any potluck I am attending its a mandatory dish from my side as requested by my friends. Today in this recipe we will be making cold pasta salad including raw vegetables and some twist
Let’s watch video to learn it in an easy way
Ingredients to make Italian Pasta Salad
- Boiled pasta
- Diced capsicum – 1
- Tomatoes without pulp – 2
- English cucumber with peel – 1
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Veg Mayonnaise – 3 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
- Black pepper – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Honey – 2 tbsp
- Crushed almonds
Process to make Italian pasta salad
- Boil the pasta
- Add boiled pasta in a bowl.
- Add diced capsicums, tomato without pulp and english cucumber with peel.
- Add extra virgin olive oil and mix everything well.
- In a bowl add 3 tbsp of veg mayonnaise, lemon juice and black pepper and whisk it well
- Add salt to taste
- Pour 2 tbsp honey into it.
- Pour this prepared mayonnaise mix over pasta and mix everything well.
- Put this in a serving bowl and garnish with crushed almonds.
Health facts :
- Pasta is a nutritious meal as we are consuming it as a salad.
- Green vegetables like capsicum added is rich source of Vitamin C and also it helps in building immunity
- Added cucumber acts as a detox, keeps you hydrated and really good to keep you cool during summers
- Tomato includes nutrients like Vitamin A, C and K.
- Almonds add not just flavor but very high nutritional value too.
- In order to make this salad even more healthier, you can replace mayonnaise with hung curd(yogurt) mixed with basil and oregano
- Feta cheese can also be added
- You can add red wine vinegar too to give it authentic italian flavor.