How to make Moong dal pancake | Healthy Pancake
Moong Dal Chilla – A Healthy Pancake
I call this one a Healthy pancake because first of all its salty secondly it is made with No oil and no flour. This pancake is made with split green grams which are yellow in color. We call it moong dhuli dal. In my home no one cherish daals a lot. So I have to keep brain storming different ways to fulfill the nutrition requirement of my family. Its an easy recipe with all the ingredients readily available at home wih not much hustle bustle.
Mentioned quantity will make : 4-5 pancakes
Cuisine : Indian
Type : No Oil food
Ingredients required to make Healthy pancake
- Split green grams (moong dhuli) – 250 gms
- Water – 400 ml to soak and 125 ml to grind
- Salt to taste
- Fenugreek leaves fresh (methi) – 1 bowl (optional)
- Grated Ginger – 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tbsp
- Green chillies (chopped) – 2
Process to make a Healthy Pancake
- Wash moong dal 4-5 times with water and then soak moong dal (split green grams) for 2 hours in warm water
- After two hours drain it and add it to grinder. I never use water in which it is soaked.
- Add little water to grind it into a smooth paste
- Add salt as per taste
- Grind it into a smooth paste. It should not be too watery
- Add chopped fenugreek leaves (methi). This is optional
- Add grated ginger
- Add chopped green chillies. You can skip this step if making for little kids
- Add 1/4th tbsp of red chilli powder
- Add 1/2 tbsp of garam masala
- Mix it well
- Heat a non stick pan. I am neither greasing the pan nor pouring oil. So this will be a healthy zero oil pancake
- Spread it evenly
- Cover the lid and allow it to cook from one side.
- Flip the side and cook again
- Your healthy no oil lentil pancake is ready. You can eat this with curd and pickle.
Please don’t forget to share our recipes and do follow us on YouTube and Facebook.
To post your own home cook food photos and restaurant dishes you have enjoyed please join our facebook group
For facebook group CLICK HERE