Mcdonald’s french fries | potato fries
How to make french fries at home
French fries are the most easiest snack and most lovable too. Every kid love this snack. Then why to run to Mcdonalds everytime. As its the last week of the year, everybody must be busy planning for new year eve. I always host a dinner at my place with few snacks bought from market and rest I prepare at home. I make french fries as these are my daughter’s favorite. I don’t have to run behind her to make her eat. Things starts moving on its own as its French Fries!! her favorite.
Step by step video is given below
Total Time : 2 hours and 15 minutes
Preparation time : 2 hours and 10 minutes
Cook time : 5 minutes
Ingredients required to make French fries :
- Potatoes – 2 large
- Ice cold water
- Oil to deep fry
- Salt to taste
Process to make French Fries
- Take 2 potatoes. Try to have no starch potatoes.
- Peel off the skin and wash the potatoes.
- Cut these into thin fries.
- Take a bowl of ice cold water.
- Put the fries in ice cold water for 2 hours
- This is done to remove the excess starch from potatoes. Removal of starch makes fries crispy without adding any thing extra
- After 2 hours, take out the fries. Before taking these out of water, just rub fries a little in water only to remove the starch
- Pat dry with the help of kitchen paper. absorb as much moisture as you can
- Heat oil in a pan. I have used Canola Oil. Canola oil will not get retained in potatoes.
- Deep fry the fries until it turns little golden
- Take out your yummy fries and enjoy
- Sprinkle salt and enjoy.
Please dont forget to share our recipes and do follow us on YouTube and Facebook.