Easy naan bread recipe | Stuffed Naan
Potato Stuffed Naan in oven
Its an easier approach to make naan at home. No tandoor is used in this recipe. Naan are made using convection mode of microwave oven. Plain naan can also be made but in this I have stuffed the same with potatoes mixture.
Step by step video to make naan
Ingredients to make Naan
- All purpose flour – 1 bowl
- Salt ½ tbsp
- Castor Sugar ¼ tbsp
- Baking Soda – A pinch
- 2 potatoes boiled
- 1 big onion
- Dried Fenugreek leaves – 1 tbsp (Kasuri Methi)
- Red Chilli Powder – ½ tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Carom seeds – ½ tbsp
- Roasted Cumin Powder – ½ tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Greased Dish
- Garlic pods chopped – 2 – 3
- Kelongi to garnish
Process to make Naan
- First make a dough with all the ingredients of dough mentioned above. Make sure dough is neither to hard nor too soft.
- Take a bowl. Add boiled potatoes
- Mash boiled potatoes.
- Add chopped onions and dry fenugreek leaves.
- Mix ingredients well and add red chilli powder, coriander powder, carom seeds, roasted cumin powder and salt to it.
- Gently mix everything and keep aside.
- Take a portion of dough and make a roti (flat bread) of it.
- Fill the stuffing material i.e. the potatoes mix we had made earlier.
- Roll it and again make a flat bread.
- Put these flat breads on greased baking dish.
- Brush it with butter and chopped garlic.
- Bake in oven at 200 degree Celsius for 8-10 minutes or till the top of bread is brown. I have used microwave oven on convection mode to make the naans.
- Ready to serve.
- Stuffed kulcha tastes best with Indian chic peas ( Chhole) and tamarind sauce.
Please dont forget to share our recipes and do follow us on YouTube and Facebook.