Sukha Kala Chana Recipe | Dry black gram | Navratri Recipe
No onion No garlic Kala Chana
Kala chana are part of Indian cuisine and this can be made either dry one or gravy one. In this post i will be making dry or sookha kala chana for Ashtami Poojan. Ashtami is 8th day of auspicious Navratras. Some people celebrate Navmi i.e. 9th day but in my family we do poojan on 8th day. Its a big day for me. I cook chana, halwa and poori. As per ritual this food has to be offered to little girls (kanjak) by inviting them to you home. But we (me and family) always go to slum areas and distribute prasad along with gifts to little girls. It not only give peace of mind but seeing those happy faces makes my day. Let’s start with the easy process
For Navratri festival process and details ==>CLICK HERE
To watch video in HINDI Click below | हिंदी में वीडियो देखने के लिए क्लिक करें
Ingredients Required to make Kala Chana
- Black gram (kala chana) – 200 grams
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 1.5 tbsp (or ghee)
- Salt to taste
Process to make Kala Chana
- Soak black grams overnight or 6 hours with enough water.
- Drain the water and put the grams into pressure cooker with 3 glasses of water.
- Now pressure cook it on a low flame for about 40 minutes of 7-8 whistles.
- After 40 minutes, check chana in cooker. It should be soft enough to be crushed by finger. Drain out of water and keep aside.
- In a pan heat oil
- Add cumin seeds and red chilli powder
- Once red chilli powder slightly changes color, add boiled chana
- Add salt and mix it well
- Cover the lid and cook on a low flame for 8-10 minutes.
- Covering of lid helps chana turn darker in color
- Keep checking in between
- Once chana changes color, it is perfectly cooked and ready to serve
- It tastes best with hot pooris and halwa
Please don’t forget to share our recipes and do follow us on YouTube and Facebook.
For YouTube CLICK HERE Please click the SUBSCRIBE button and be a part of us 🙂
To post your own home cook food photos and restaurant dishes you have enjoyed please join our facebook group
For facebook group CLICK HERE