Fasting Special Recipe – Potato Balls Recipe with Cheese
POTATO BALLS WITH CHEESE
Potato balls with cheese were made because potatoes are my daughter’s favorite. So potatoes never go out of stock in my house. Sometimes its divine to see leftovers on your refrigerator. Today when i opened my refrigerator, i saw 2 boiled potatoes. And that’s when the brain storming begins 🙂
This recipe is very easy to make. I have used rock salt (sendha namak) in it so these can easily be consumed during fasting.
It gives nice full feel to the body.
I took out potatoes and made deep fried balls out of it. I have given step by step photos of each stage.
Ingredients to make Potato Balls
- Boiled Mashed Potatoes – 2
- Cottage Cheese – 1 bowl crumbled
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper powder
- Grated Ginger – 1.5 tbsp
- Chopped Green Chillies – 2 small
- Oil to Deep Fry
Garnish and Served with
- sev / namkeen (fasting special ones) (optional)
Process to make Potato balls
- In a bowl take crumbled cheese. I just love cheese in almost all the forms. This crumbled one is just mouthwatering.
- To make Cheese at home CLICK HERE
- Add grated ginger to it. You can skip this step if you do not like ginger.
- Add mashed boiled potatoes and mix everything well with hands. Cheese and potatoes should mingle with each other nicely.
- Add chopped green chillies. For people who cannot eat green chillies, they can use red chilli powder to make spicy balls.
Click on page no.2 to continue reading the step by step process