Dhaba Style Dal Fry | Easy Dal Fry Recipe
Dal Fry Dhaba Style
I find lentils the most comforting food ever. These are easy to cook and taste great. In this recipe i have made Dal fry. Its a mix of yellow moong dal and Masur dal in equal proportions. Dhabas are the road side restaurant which are famous for the taste and texture of their dal. In this recipe I have tried to make dal by adopting the way I have learnt from a dhaba owner. Hope you will like my recipe. Please do mention in the comments section and do not forget to share my recipe.
Also try Delhi Paratha gali ke Aloo Parathe => CLICK HERE
Video in HINDI is given below | अब वीडियो देखिये हिंदी में
Ingredients required to make Dal Fry
- Moong Dal (yellow)
- Masur Dal
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Water – 4 Bowls
- Cooking Oil – 2 tbsp
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tbsp
- Garlic Pods – 6-8
- Grated Ginger – 1 inch
- Green Chillies – 1-2
- Asafoetida – 1/4th tbsp
- Onions – 1
- Tomatoes – 1
- Dry fenugreek leaves
- Salt to taste
- Fresh Coriander leaves
Process to make Dal Fry
- Wash lentils and put in pressure cooker
- Add turmeric powder and pressure cook for 2 whistles. After that switch off the flame and leave the cooker in pressure. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan
- Add ghee in it
- Add cumin seeds.
- Add chopped garlic
- Cook for a while and add grated ginger.
- Once the raw smell of ginger and garlic fades away, add green chillies. You can add as many as you want if you want to be more spicy.
- Add a pinch of Asafoetida (Hing).
- Add chopped onions.
- Cook till the onions are slightly brown and add chopped tomatoes to it
- Mix it nicely, lower the flame to the lowest point. Cover the lid and allow it to cook for 2-3 minutes. Do give it a stir in between.
- After 2-3 minutes the mix will leave oil which is a sign that it is cooked properly.
- Now add the dal pressure cooked earlier.
- Mix it well
- Add dry fenugreek leaves crushed with hands.
- Add salt to taste
- Add chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve with rice, roti etc
Please don’t forget to share our recipes and do follow us on YouTube and Facebook.
For YouTube CLICK HERE Please click the SUBSCRIBE button and be a part of us 🙂
To post your own home cook food photos and restaurant dishes you have enjoyed please join our facebook group
For facebook group CLICK HERE