Recipe of Curd Rice | Rice yogurt
How to make South Indian Curd Rice
A famous South Indian dish specially in Kerala and Tamil Nadu. It is called as Thayir Sadam. I got to know about this curd rice on my trip to Kerala. Most amazing vacation it was. Kerala is called as God’s own country and trust me you truly feel heavenly there. I am very fond of eating out and trying new dishes. I tried curd rice for the first time there only. Simplicity of this dish attracted me towards it. Curd Rice is simple yet too delicious recipe. They serve it with south Indian pickles and pappadams (chips)
Step by step video is given below
Mentioned quantity will serve – 1
Cuisine : South Indian
Preparation time : 30 minutes
Cook time : 10 minutes
Total time : 40 minutes
Ingredients to make Curd Rice
- Urad Dal – 1 tbsp
- Chana Dal – 1 tbsp
- Boiled Rice – 1 bowl (or leftover rice)
- Curd – 1 bowl
- Milk – 3 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- Fresh curryy leaves – 8-10
- Asafoetida – 1/4 tbsp
- Salt to taste
Process to make Curd Rice
- Soak urad dal and chana dal on water for 30 minutes
- In a bowl, add boiled rice. I have used leftover rice which were cooked using salt. So I will not be adding extra salt
- Add plain yogurt (curd) to it.
- Add 3 tbsp of milk. Mix it all well and keep it aside
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Once heated, add mustard seeds
- Now add fresh curry leaves.
- Add soaked lentils (daal) and cook it on low flame for 4-5 minutes.
- After that switch off the burner and add rice curd mixture to it.
- If you are using boiled rice then add salt as per your taste.
- Garnish it with green chillies and fresh curry leaves.
Please dont forget to share our recipes and do follow us on YouTube and Facebook.