How to make Chana dal dry | Sukhi chana dal recipe
Sukhi chana dal with beans
Chana dal is a very good source of Proteins and calcium. It is very beneficial for the diabetics patients too. It has a very low hypoglycaemic index. This is a two in one recipe. One way you will be able to make french beans without potatoes and other way you will make chana dal dry.
Recipe video link is given below | हिंदी में देखने के लिए यहां क्लिक करें
Ingredients required to make Chana Dal Dry
- Chana Dal – 100 grams
- French Beans – 200 grams
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tbsp
- Green Chilli – 1
- Ginger – 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Tomato Puree – 3-4 tbsp ( i have used store bought)
- Water – 4-5 tbsp
- Dry fenugreek leaves to garnish
Process to make Chana Dal
- Soak Chana dal in enough water for atleast 5-6 hours Or overnight.
- After that drain the water and keep the chana dal aside.
- In a pan heat Oil
- Add cumin seeds
- Add chopped green chilli
- This is a no onion no garlic recipe. If you want you can add chopped onions after adding green chilli
- Add fine chopped or grated ginger.
- Now add french beans. I have washed and cut down the beans into small pieces.
- Add the drained chana dal.
- Add salt to taste. I have added around 1 tbsp
- Add red chilli powder. Mix it well
- Now add tomato puree. You can add home ground one but i have used store bought. In case adding homemade then use atleast 1 tomato to make the puree
- cover the lid and allow it to cook for 10-12 minutes on a medium to low flame.
- Keep checking in between so that it should not get stick to the pan
- Once water is completely dried out, add a little water. Cover and cook for another 10 minutes or till the lentil turns soft.
- Once the dal is cooked and water is dried out. Your sookhi chana dal is ready.
- Garnish it with dry fenugreek leaves
- It is a healthy substitute to potatoes and a very healthy recipe for diabetic patients.
Please don’t forget to share our recipes and do follow us on YouTube and Facebook.
For YouTube CLICK HERE Please click the SUBSCRIBE button and be a part of us 🙂
To post your own home cook food photos and restaurant dishes you have enjoyed please join our facebook group
For facebook group CLICK HERE