How to make Bread Roll | Bread Rolls in 2 healthy ways
Process to make Bread Roll
- Boil the potatoes and peel off the skin.
- Mash the potatoes with the helpf of a fork or a potato masher.
- Add chopped onions to it and mix it well
- Add chopped coriander.
- Add green chillies. These are completely optional. If you are making these for your kids you can avoid using chillies.
- Add grated ginger.
- Add red chilli powder
- Add chaat masala
- Add salt as per taste and mix everything well. Potato mixture should be as fine as a dough. No hard pieces of potatoes should be there in it
- Make small sized cylinder shapes. I will be making long shaped bread rolls so making potatoes a cylindrical shaped. If you want to make it in the form of a patty/tikki then make potato balls accordingly
- I have cut down edges of all the breads. You can even include it if you want.
- Take a bowl of water. Now take a bread slice and dip it in water.
- Squeeze the water out of bread slice immediately.
- Put the potato cylinder in it and cover it with wet bread from all the size. Keep squeezing it and remove all the water. It will become a perfect shape
1st way = Air frying
- Brush every roll with oil and keep it in an air fryer friendly greased bowl. you can also directly place it in the air fryer basket but do keep parchment paper at the bottom. bread always get stick at the bottom.
- Air fry firstly at 180 degrees celsius for 10 minutes. Flip the sides of the roll and again air fry for 5-6 minutes at 200 degrees celsius.
- Please note that I have used Prestige Air fryer. Temperature may vary depending on the brand of air fryer you will use
2nd way = Shallow frying
- Heat 3-4 tbsp of oil in a pan.
- Once heated, place bread rolls in it. Keep it on high flame only. On induction temperature used was 1600.
- Keep flipping the side till these rolls are golden from all the sides.
Air fried bread rolls
Shallow fried bread rolls
Note : Air fried ones and shallow fried ones will not get as much brown as the deep fried. But it will give you the similar taste with least oil and no guilt.
Please don’t forget to share our recipes and do follow us on YouTube and Facebook.
For YouTube CLICK HERE Please click the SUBSCRIBE button and be a part of us 🙂
To post your own home cook food photos and restaurant dishes you have enjoyed please join our facebook group
For facebook group CLICK HERE