Biscuit Barfi | No bake recipe for kids
How to make Biscuit Burfi at home
Another recipe for this Christmas.Anything which makes kids happy is worth it!!
I made these biscuits barfi (s) during a cooking contest held in my daughter’s school. My recipe got selected to be published in school’s yearly mom’s cookbook. We all were judged by Head Chef of JW Marriott, Chandigarh. It was a true proud moment. This is a no cook no bake recipe. For me no bake recipes for kids are always welcome 🙂
Step by step video to Biscuit Barfi is given below
After announcement of winning recipes, we all were awarded with chef caps. Very happy moment 🙂
Mentioned quantity will make : 10 – 12 barfi pieces
Total time : 20 minutes
Cook Time : zero
Ingredients required to make Biscuit Barfi
- Marie Biscuits – 2 packets
- Chocolate Syrup – 3 tbsp
- Sugar – 3.5 tbsp
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Desiccated Coconut – 5 tbsp
- Milk – 3 tbsp
- Tutti Frutti to garnish
Process to make Biscuit Barfi
- I have used Marie biscuit. These biscuits are good in digestion. Just grind 2 packets of marie biscuits.
- Add chocolate syrup to it
- Add 1.5 tbsp of powdered sugar. I have used powdered sugar in this recipe as this is a non cooking recipe so powdered sugar will dissolve easily.
- Add a spoonful of butter. I have used salted butter.
- Now gradually add water and knead a dough of whole mixture.
- Dough will look like this once ready
- In another bowl, take desiccated coconut. This will become the inner layer of burfi. So for good binding I have added 3 tbsp of milk in it.
- Add 2 tbsp of sugar in it.
- Take a dish. Keep a butter paper at the bottom.
- On that make a layer of biscuit mix. press it gently with finders so that it should bind nicely.
- Middle layer is of coconut mix.
- Top layer of biscuits again. press it gently.
- Cover the lid of the dish and refrigerate it for 4-5 hours (till it becomes little hard)
- After 5 hours, cut it into different shapes using cookie cutter and garnish with tutti frutti.
- Enjoy this healthy hygienic biscuit barfi
Please dont forget to share our recipes and do follow us on YouTube and Facebook.