Baked vegetables in white sauce
Baked Vegetables in white sauce
On our wedding anniversary while dining out, I came across this delectable dish called baked vegetables. I was really impressed by the dish that I decided to make it on my own. My three year old daughter is so keen to help that in this recipe she has helped me a lot. You can see those tiny cute hands using ingredients in the video.
So below is the recipe hope you will like it too.
Step by step video is given below
Ingredients to make baked vegetables in white sauce
- Broccoli florets – 1/2 bowl
- Cauliflower florets – 1/2 bowl
- Diced capsicum – 1/2 bowl
- Green peas – 12-15
- French Beans – 1/2 bowl
- Water – enough to par boil vegetables
- Garlic – 6 pods
- Milk – 200 ml
- All purpose flour – 2.5 tbsp
- Black Pepper – 1/2 tbsp
Process to make baked vegetables in white sauce
- In this recipe instead of par boiling the vegetables, I have just microwaved these for 5 minutes. You can use any option convenient to you.
- Take a microwave safe bowl. Add all the vegetables in it namely broccoli, cauliflower, capsicum, green peas. french beans etc.
- Add water and microwave it for 5 minutes. If doing on gas cook top, once water starts boiling add all the vegetables and let it stay there for 3-4 minutes. Drain and keep aside
- Now time to bake vegetables. Bake these at 180 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes in a pre heated oven. I have air fried these. Same temperature for pre heated airfryer for 8-10 minutes.
- If using an airfryer then take a air fryer friendly bowl. Grease it and then add par boiled vegetables to it.
- For white sauce, take a pan and heat 1 tbsp of oil in it.
- Add finely chopped garlic to it and cook it
- Once garlic is cooked, add milk to it.
- Once milk is warm, add all purpose flour. Stir continuously so that no lumps should form
- Once it starts boiling and getting thicken, add black pepper and mix well.
- Finally add baked vegetables to it and mix well
- Let it boil for 3-5 minutes.
- Your baked vegetables in white sauce is ready to serve.
- You can add Sauteed Mushrooms too.
- Any vegetables of your choice can be added in this dish
- It pairs really well with spaghetti pasta, boiled rice etc
Please dont forget to share our recipes and do follow us on YouTube and Facebook.