How to make baingan ka bharta | ऐसे बनाये बैंगन का भरता कुछ ही मिनटों में
Baingan Bharta Recipe
Baingan ka bharta is a Punjabi version of Baba Ghanoush. It is a must dish on every Punjabi menu. In this dish, a roasted and mashed eggplant is cooked in Indian spices. Let’s start making this lip smacking dish.
Video with HINDI audio is given below | अब वीडियो हिंदी में
Ingredients required to make Baingan ka Bharta
- 2 Brinjal (eggplants)
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Onions – 2 medium sliced
- Tomatoes – 2
- Water – 8-10 tbsp
- Ginger – 1.5 inches (fine chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Dried fenugreek leaves to garnish
Process to make Baingan ka Bharta
- Firstly, roast a brinjal over high flame. You can check with the help of a fork, when the brinjal is soft it means it is cooked.
- Remove it from flame and peel the black skin. You will be left with a soft white leftover of brinjal
- Immerse it in water once to remve all the black parts on it. Keep it aside
- Heat a pan and and oil
- Add cumin seeds.
- Once cumin seeds started to crackle, add red chilli powder. Here i always add red chilli powder first as it helps in giving the perfect red color to the bharta
- Add chopped onions. I have not cut the onions fine as in this dish looks more appealing with big onions
- Once onions are cooked enough, add tomatoes.
- In order to cook tomatoes and make them more mushy, I will be adding a little water.
- After adding water, cover the lid and cook on low to medium flame for 4-5 minutes.
- Once tomatoes turn soft and mushy, add the pre roasted brinjal white.
- Mix everything well and cook for another 3-4 minutes
- Last but not the least, add Salt as per your requirement.
- Garnish it with dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
- Serve it with Indian flat bread like chapati, paratha, naan etc.
- Before roasting brinjal over flame, you can also rub a little oil on it.
- Boiled green peas can be added to cooked bharta to make it more like dhaba style
- To make it more spicier, you can add chopped green chillies.
Please don’t forget to share our recipes and do follow us on YouTube and Facebook.
For YouTube CLICK HERE Please click the SUBSCRIBE button and be a part of us 🙂
To post your own home cook food photos and restaurant dishes you have enjoyed please join our facebook group
For facebook group CLICK HERE