Baby Corn Recipes | baby corn fritters in Air Fryer
Baby Corn recipes | baby corn Fritters in Air fryer
I find baby corn really cute because of its appearance. So today i tried making an easy recipe using my Presitna (Air fryer). Its a fritter recipe. generally fritters are deep fried but i always try to make a healthier version so i can much as many as i want without having guilt feel later on. its not just an easy recipe but in this we have used only light brushing of oil. As Prestina (my air fryer) cooked it so i always have plenty of time to do something else.
Step by Step video representation is given below :
Ingredients required to make baby corn are
- Baby corns
- Gram flour – 1.5 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Water 3 tbsp
- Black pepper ¼ tbsp
- Red chilly powder ¼ tbsp
- Roasted Cumin powder ½ tbsp
- In a bowl take 10-12 pieces of baby corn. I have used 6 and cut those from middle into halves so it becomes 12.
- Sprinkle 1.5 tbsp of gram flour or chicpeas flour on it
- Add salt, black pepper, chilly powder and roasted cumin powder
- Now sprinkle around 3 tbsp of water and mix everything so well that each and every piece of baby corn should get marinated.
- Keep the mix in freezer for 10 minutes
- Now in an airfryer friendly pan, keep a parchment paper on the bottom.
- Brush it lightly with oil
- Keep all the marinated baby corns on it
- Air fry on 200 degrees celsius for 12 minutes
- Till the time these are getting done by Prestina, take a small pan.
- Add one spoon of sesame seeds and dry roast these till turns little brown. make sure you do not over roast it as their taste will turn bitter.
- Serve as a starter or an evening snack after garnishing with roasted sesame seeds.
- For plating i have used julienne tomatoes, grated carrots, tomato sauce and green mint sauce.
- These can be deep fried too.
- Baby corns used by me were very fresh and soft. In case if these are hard, par boil them before proceeding.
- Rice flour can also be added to make these more crisp.
- You can use raw sesame seeds too. Sesame seeds are very healthy. dry roasting only increases its aroma.