How to make Ambala Sandwich | Paneer Sandiwch Recipe
Ambala style Cheese Sandwich
Sandwich that too a cheese sandwich is a wow factor :D. Ambala is a city in Haryana state of Northern India. Street Food in Ambala Cantonment is too good. Its a place where you will get a specific shop selling lemonades only and its worth a try 🙂
In this recipe I have replicated the Cottage cheese sandwiches served by a very old coffee shop in Ambala named Parkash Coffee House. Its a very small shop with around only 8-10 seating capacity. But this shop is always crowded with people for sandwiches. People love standing outside on parked vehicles to wait for their sandwich to come. They serve very tasty cold coffee and lemonade too
Let’s have a look at the video
This shop is opposite to Jain Soda water (where movie Humpty Sharma ki Dulhania was shot).
You can see the shop board behind Alia Bhatt in the pic
Cuisine : Indian
Type : Vegetarian
Serves – 2
Ingredients required to make Ambala Sandwich are
- Cottage Cheese -100 gms For homemade cottage cheese CLICK HERE
- Bread Slices : 6
- Chopped onion – 1
- Fresh Coriander – 2 tbsp
- Green Chilli – 1
- Salt to taste
- Chaat Masala – 1/2 tbsp
- Butter – 20 gms
Process to make Ambala Sandwich
- Main feature of these sandwiches is the quality of the cottage cheese. I have used home made cottag cheese as it is very soft. Slice thin sheets of cheese and keep aside.
- I have used brown bread as I like it. You can use any bread you want. In Ambala they use normal white bread. Cut the edges of the bread from all the four sides.
- Place thin paneer sheet over the bread
- Now spread onion on paneer (cottage cheese)
- Fine chopped fresh coriander is to be added over onions
- Add fine chopped green chillies as muh as you like
- Sprinkle salt and chaat masala over it.
- Cover it with second bread slice.
- Now heat a pan and apply butter on it
- Place the sandwich. Press it with the help of a spatula so that it should seal from all the sides
- Flip over and apply butter on the other side too. Make it golden brown from both the sides.
- Serve it with love <3
Please don’t forget to share our recipes and do follow us on YouTube and Facebook.
For YouTube CLICK HERE Please click the SUBSCRIBE button and be a part of us 🙂
To post your own home cook food photos and restaurant dishes you have enjoyed please join our facebook group
For facebook group CLICK HERE