Authentic Amritsari Kulcha Recipe | अमृतसरी आलू कुलचा बिना तंदूर के
Process to make Aloo Kulcha
- I will prepare the dough first. To make the dough, add all purpose flour in a bowl.
- Add salt, carom seeds and curd to it
- Make a soft dough and keep aside
- In a bowl add two boiled potatoes
- Add chopped onion to it
- Add grated ginger
- Add coriander seeds. I have dry roasted the coriander seeds and crushed these a bit before adding to the mixture
- Add kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves) and mix it well
- Add dry mango powder and chilli powder
- At last add salt to it. Make sure you should add little less salt than normal as we have already added salt in the dough while kneading it.
- Now take the dough kneaded earlier and flatten it with the help of a rolling pin. Flat it and enlarge it as much as you can
- Now pour the melted butter on the dough sheet.
- Sprinkle some dry flour over the butter and mix it with the hands
- Now start rolling the dough sheet and make a long roll.
- This roll then has to be rolled further from both the sides. This way you will get your 2 dough balls.
- Enlarge one dough ball with fingers and fill the stuffing in it
- Seal it from all the sides and make a round stuffed ball again.
- Flatten the ball with the help of your fingers only. Apply butter on fingers and enlarge it. You can also use the rolling pin but the layers will get lost and you will lose the crispiness
- Heat a pan
- Put the prepared kulcha in it
- Sprinkle black cumin, sesame seeds and dried fenugreek leaves on it.
- Wet your fingers and press these seasonings onto the kulcha gently
- The rule to make it crispy is to cook it on low flame with the lid on for atleast 10-12 minutes. Keep flipping the sides in between
- Once it is perfectly cooked from both the sides apply butter on the top side.
- Serve hot with dahi, chhole etc.
Please don’t forget to share our recipes and do follow us on YouTube and Facebook.
For YouTube CLICK HERE Please click the SUBSCRIBE button and be a part of us 🙂
To post your own home cook food photos and restaurant dishes you have enjoyed please join our facebook group
For facebook group CLICK HERE