Achari Poori Recipe | Poori with pickle twist
Achari Poori Recipe
On the ocassion of Gurupurab this year somehow i was not able to pay obeisance at Sikh Temple (Gurudwara). I decided to celebrate this great day by cooking good food at home only. Nothing can beat the taste of langar (food served in sikh temple) but just to feel good i made aaloo poori. but this time poori were made with a twist to the taste buds. I have used mango pickle while kneading the dough. Everybody loved it. Hope you all will like it too.
Step by step recipe along with photos is given below
Ingredients required to make Achari Poori
- Wheat Flour
- Salt to taste
- Mango Pickle along with 2 tbsp of pickle oil
- Carom Seeds – 1 tbsp
- Fenugreek leaves
- Oil to deep fry
Process to make Poori
- Take 1.5 bowl of wheat flour in a big bowl.
- Add salt to the wheat flour and mix it well.
- This is the most important step. remove the seeds of mango pickle and use only the skin part. Along with that, add 2 tbsp of pickle oil. Pickle oil includes pickle masala too.
- Add 1 tbsp of carom seeds (ajwain) and dry fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi).
- Mix all the dry ingredients well
- Add water and knead a dough. dough has to be stiff as we are going to make pooris out of it
- Take a small lemon sized portion of dough as shown in the picture. make a round ball of it
CONTINUE READING BY CLICKING ON NO.2